A UK regulated Alternative Investment Fund Manager with an impressive pedigree of delivering low correlation insurance-based investment solutions.
- Founded 1990, with 3 decades at the forefront of UK and US secondary insurance markets.
- US Life Settlement experience since 2002, with the world’s first life settlement-based stock exchange listed fund launched in 20041.
- Over 30 collective investment schemes managed or advised, comprising assets in excess of $8Bn2.
- Maturity proceeds successfully collected from 90 UK and US insurance companies2, with an average IRR for acquired policies of 14.1%3.
SL Investment Management leads the promotion of transparency and standards in the markets in which they participate.
- Founding member of the European Life Settlement Association (ELSA), founded in 2009 to define standards for the European life settlement industry.
- Founding member of the Association of Policy Market Makers (APMM), founded in 1992 to bring together the leading organisations in the UK Traded Endowment Policy markets.
- Regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an Alternative Investment Fund Manager.
In support of SL’s regulatory and governance credentials SL’s corporate culture plays a major role in driving service delivery to clients. The company values are embodied in a single acronym, SPIRIT:
SL is a signatory to the internationally recognised United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment, demonstrating its commitment to responsible investment, placing it at the heart of a global community seeking to build a more sustainable financial system.
1. Alternative Asset Opportunities, listed on London Stock Exchange. 2. Figure includes US life settlements and UK traded endowment policies;
3. Includes all SL Life Settlement purchases made since the introduction of VBT2008.